Premier’s Sporting Challenge!

Standard

The AllStars are on track for Diamond level in the supreme sporting challenge that is the Premier’s Sporting Challenge.

All schools are encouraged to participate in daily activities and exercise. Everyone’s individual minutes of sporting activity are added together and then averaged to give a class total.

Bronze Level = 30 minutes a day

Silver Level = 45 minutes a day

Gold Level = 60 minutes a day

With extraordinary perseverance and application, the AllStars are aiming at the most prestigious level – Diamond Level, which is an average of 80 minutes a day.

To hone our skills and improve our fitness we have embarked on a rigorous but interesting regime of games and sports to keep our interest and enthusiasm high.

This has included relays, endurance running, sports (T-ball, basketball, soccer and cricket), games (dodge ball, Gaol and French cricket), skipping, hula-hooping, hitting, batting, dancing, netball, touch footy, goal shooting, serving, and kickball!

Whew!!!!!

Other sporty AllStars also increase their activity levels at home after school – some activities include:

soccer, walking, karate, walking the dog, judo, bike riding, tennis, swimming, jogging, rugby, hiking and walking to and from school.

We are coming to the end of the PSC and think that we will need a rest at the end!

Can you think of any other sports or skills we might try in the last few weeks of the challenge?

How much physical activity do you do?

7 thoughts on “Premier’s Sporting Challenge!

1. Hi Miss P
    I think you are going to get the diamond level.We have benn doing a lot of sport together,I have benn doing a lot of sport to at my house!!!

Bye,Bye

2. Clement Wu

Hey Allstars,

I’ve thought of a game that you could play, but i’m not sure if i can explain it properly. Anyways, first you split into 2 teams or 4 teams if the numbers are too big. Then you get a basketball, you start from one side of the court and start passing it to your teammate without bouncing it, if you bounce it, you give it to the other team. If you’re holding the ball, then you can’t move. You pass to each other all the way to the key and you score a point.

Bye.

3. marshall

Hi! it’s me Marshall.

Looks like there is alot of sporty things going on there.Good luck in Dimond Level. Too bad we don’t have this at my new school.

My new school has just started a blog. It wo’t be too good since we only started a few weeks ago. But check it out. the website is http://www.sasimons.edublogs.org

bye

4. Hello, Allstars

I enjoy doing sport at school because, every time I do fitness it inproves by well-being of child and through out my life.
    Especially at home I encourage myself in going down-stairs and doing some fitness instead of eating, going on the computer being lazy or watching Tv all day.
    :mrgreen:

I think that in the blograp thing that we are doing, I agree when it says, its not if your thin as a stick or you could run a marathon, doesn’t mean your fit. 😆

Lilly ❗

5. Katherine

Hi Allstars,
    I really enjoy doing sport at home and at school!! 😛
    When i do sport i feel fit,healthy and strong.
    I hope to do more sport at school and at home.And hope we go up to diamond level soon!! :mrgreen:

😛

Katherine 😛 😀

6. Hi AllStars & Mrs P,
    It’s so cool that we got to the diamond level when I thought we would struggle for gold! 😎
    I think we could do a cool sport like “Tug Of War”(I know it’s highly unlikely well do it). Although a could teach you this cool game called “The Bottle Game”. I could also teach you a game called “Skittles”. ❗
    I agree with Lilly about the thin as a tick thing. I think this week will have great results due to the athletics carnival and the mini olympics.
    I hope we stay on track for diamond!
    Naomi 😛

7. Hi AllStars and Mrs Pericles,

Your blog is so cool! We are commenting on your blog so that you can comment back on ours! We have been waiting all year for people to come and visit out blog … hopefully you will be the first!

Love The Superkids!