Switch ’em Off!

Standard

Sitting in the dark…

Squashed up by the windows…

Reading by the light from outside…

What’s going on?

NOT THE LIGHT!

NOT the Computer!

NOT the IWB!

It’s Earth Hour!

Earth hour is a time where all electricital appliances are turned off to conserve electricity for 1 hour.

Globally, Earth Hour will be held 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm on Saturday night, but we wanted our school to participate so we are having earth hour this morning.

Earth Hour has made us think about:

• How we can save electricity
  • How we can be in the future
  • How it was in the past
  • How it can help the future
  • Global warming
  • Sleeping!!!

Don’t forget if we use too much electricity we could be back in the DARK AGES!!!!!!!-(boom tish).

VOTE EARTH    

8 thoughts on “Switch ’em Off!

1. Hi AllStars & Mrs P,
    Earth Hour was so FUN!
    My family and I are definitely going to do earth hour, although we’ve got a slight problem: the paper sayd its from 8.30-9.30 but the school said its 8-9. ❓
    We’ll just have to do it from 8-9.30 to be sure.
    How many kids in the class are doing Earth Hour?
    Naomi :mrgreen:

2. Primary 5LW

Hi Everyone!
    Earth hour sounds great! We haven’t heard of it but on Monday we are going to think about it. Maybe we’ll think about the same things as you but if we think of anything different we’ll let you know.
    Miss L and 5LW 🙂

3. alice

Hi Allstars and Mrs P It was very exciting looking at your blog site. I am a year three teacher that attended the Sydney Converence on March 20th and was amazed by all the wonderful Web 2 tools you are using at your school.
    At our school All Saints Catholic in Liverpool we also turned off the electricity for an hour on Friday Morning to observe Earth Hour. We will be taking a survey on Monday morning to see how many people actually observed it.
    [I’ll let you in on a little secret!! This is my first time ever blogging!]
    Hasta Luego [until later], Audios [we are learning Spanish through Art Lessons at our school] Mrs. Go

4. Thanks for your comments.
    @Naomi – good idea about doing Earth Hour for longer if you weren’t sure!

@P5LW: We’re happy that you now know about Earth Hour. Maybe you could try turning off your lights for an hour at school anyway. Because you would be saving power for that hour and helping as well. Thanks for thinking about the Earth!

5. Celia

Hi,
    Unfortunatley, I didn’t do Earth Hour.
    I wish we could ALWAYS close our lights so we don’t have to do work! 😆
    Celia 😛

6. @Celia – maybe we would have to bring torches to do our work in the dark! Or those hats with torches on the top! Or wear night vision glasses like they have in the army 🙂 Perhaps we could use glow in the dark ink in our pens – see, I can think of heaps of ways so that you can work in the dark – what a teacher 😉

@Winson – Hello Winnie – glad you turned your lights of at your new school too! Everyone should do their bit – well done!