VCOP

Standard

3 Baz have just started a writing program called VCOP:

V = vocabulary

C = connectives

O = openers

P = punctuation.

Everyday we learn and practise a different skill in one of the VCOP areas. We have been using highlighters to highlight exciting examples of vocabulary, punctuation, openers and connectives in lots of different texts.

This helps us to see what professional writers do and the types of words they use to engage us in reading and to put pictures in our heads.

We have new writing folders which contain our writing goals and examples of our writing. We work out our goals from the writing we do. We are trying to get to our next level – which is a challenge to us to keep improving our writing. Each of us has individual goals that we are working on.

We all have a writing partner; we work together and encourage each other. We share ideas, read our work and give each other tips to improve. It really helps having a partner give you feedback because “two heads are better than one” and you get more ideas and suggestions on how to make your writing tighter.

So far we are enjoying thinking about our writing, talking about what we know and trying to stretch our brains to become the best writers we can be!

We can’t wait to find out what we will be doing next week in our VCOP lessons ……….

Irina Lizzie Mahrukh

9 thoughts on “VCOP

1. Thanks for your comment Patrique, glad you like our posts. We have only just started blogging for the year as you can see 🙂
    How do you like HS?

2. Guys,
    its me again!

Thanks Mrs P. for letting us chip in to help you post that up!
    I bet we have heaps more fun planned for our next VCOP lessons, cant wait to see what thrilling tasks you have planned for us.

Here are some WOW words to think about:-)

babble – talk in a gibberish or meaningless way.
    insomnia – being unable to fall asleep
    penetrate – pierce through; find a way into something

I found these in the dictionary, can you use some of these in your writing?

Irina.

3. ebaa

Hi Allstars!

The VCOP wall looks so cool and fantastic and every one wanst to learn more about it because it was hard work and fun.
    🙂

4. I love it that you think the VCOP wall is hard fun Ebaa – its hard because you are thinking and talking about your writing. I cant wait to read what you write this week. Bring it on 🙂 MrsP

5. Hello! I really think you three did a great job helping Mrs P with the awesome VCOP post! Today’s lesson was pretty cool when we had to do a lot of planning which really helps me when I write my narratives.

Anyway I think the post is absolutely…

AWESOME!!!

BYE! BYE! 🙂

6. Thanks for your support Justin – I think the girls did a great job with the VCOP post too!
    Glad you enjoyed the planning session today – Ms Hargraves and I had lots of fun in the Library on Friday afternoon looking for books that you could use 🙂
    MrsP

7. ebaa

Hi again Allstars! 🙂

I think that the more we learn about VCOP the more that we will be able to use them i enjoy learning about them and i really want to learn more so i can use them more in my writing. 🙂

Thank you Mrs P and ms Hargraves for teaching us a lot about VCOP i am looking forward to learn more. 🙂