Adopt a WW1 Veteran

Standard

Our school has an amazing memorial board dedicated to the “old boys” from Moorefields School who served in World War 1.

We will be researching these men to see what they got up to in WW1.

You will need to go straight to this site to search a data base for the information you will need.

National Archives

1. Go to the site

2. Click on RECORD SEARCH

3.ย Type inย ย the veteranโ€™s surname

4. Type in the dates from 1914 to 1920

5. Click SEARCH

6. Click on the digital version icon

7. Now you have your veteran’s service records and information!

An interesting site that you may like to explore is the “Adopt a Veteran” Page which is part of the NSW Government ANZAC Commemoration site.

3 thoughts on “Adopt a WW1 Veteran

1. Amanda.Fifita

I really enjoyed searching about our Moorefield boys that has came to our school I found about three soldiers that did not have any info about it the one soldier info that cought my eyes was (LETTE.W) he fought when he was 19 years old I found some document of his so I saved them onto my computer it was amazing how much name that showed up when I Searched about him o ya I found some photo of Knox.H.A. and so that was amazing thanks for the website.

THANKS:MP ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    #WW1 British
    #๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‡ Flag

2. Erin

I really enjoyed searching our moorefiled school boys and I think it is a great and fun way to learn about our school and the people who came to school our amazing school in the past years. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

3. I am glad that you enjoyed finding out about our “old boys”. I wonder what sorts of things the “old girls” did in the war time? Maybe they were nurses or farmers or factory workers – it would be nice to know! MrsP