It is now time to count up the books you have read so far this year and add them to the Premier’s Reading Challenge list.
Here is what you need to do:
- Click on the link below – it will take you to the PRC website
- You should be on the “Login Page”.
- Add your DET Username and Password. These are the words and numbers you use at school to log in to the internet.
- If you don’t know your Username and Password then ask MrsP at school tomorrow 🙂
- On this next page click on the words: “Student Reading Records” – its at the very top of the menu bar on the left side of the screen.
- Now you just add the books you have read this year.
- You can add the books by typing in the PRC code, or the name of the book, or the author.
- When you have finished click “log off” on the left side of the screen
If you have any problems or difficulties just ask MrsP at school.
Have fun 🙂
Premier’s Reading Challenge Website
As it’s the start of a new term, we are all ramping up our efforts in the Premier’s Reading Challenge.
Many of us have attempted this challenge in previous years, but not everyone has acheived the target of reading 20 books yet. So we have decided to really “give it a go” this year. We have worked out some individual and class rewards as we hit small targets on our way to 20 books each.
Here are some photos of us in our morning DEAR (drop everything and read) session today. We look like we should be able to reach 20 books each no trouble don’t we? 🙂
Every morning we have Silent Reading for 15 minutes – this gives a chance to read every day. This is a big help because we are all involved in the Premier’s Reading Challenge.
The PRC is a yearly challenge to read 20 books – 15 must be from a challenge list, and 5 can be your own choice. We have lots of the PRC books in our classroom book corner and we have put them all out on a table so they are easy to find.
We can also borrow books from the school Library and read them in Silent Reading time as well.
With so many books around , the only question is …….. how can we stop reading at just 20????