We are very excited to be participating, once again, in the wonderful “Voices of the World” global project. Voices of the World is run by Sharon Tonner, from the University of Dundee, and aims to connect children together using their voices rather than the written or typed word. It was also created to enable children to develop an appreciation of different languages, accents and dialects from around the world.
We love to listen to students from around the world whilst watching the fun ways that everyone presents their work.
Below is the Voki we are using to introduce our class to the other participants.
This is the title of our November task on Voices of the World. We had to put together a PowerPoint presentation to illustrate this saying.
The AllStars love participating in VOTW because
- it’s fun!
- we get to use lots of new technologies
- we can think up creative ways to show what we are learning
- we get to think about different ways of showing what we are doing – like photos, drawings, animations, collage, art, computers
- we share our ideas and thoughts and suggestions
- everyone has a part to play
- we get to see how others do the task
- we get great new ideas from other schools
Have a look at this month’s task!