My Athletics Carnival

Standard

I’m so nervous …. and the race hasn’t even started. More than 1000 butterlfies are in my tummy and I’m busting to go to the loo. My heart is pounding faster than ever and I’m panicking like a bee.

It’s time for the 11 year old girls to do their 200 metre race and I’m so terrified, I can hardly breathe. I do my stretching skills and step up to the line.

I put myself into position and in a second a loud gun shot fires. I’m off and running in a normal running mode.

I’m coming third, which is good, and so I release more energy as I blast ahead becoming first. A feeling of happiness explodes inside of me and I run as fast as I can.

I see people waiting at the finish line! Ha! I’m almost there …… and in a few seconds I cross the line bursting out a huge scream.

I jump up and down like a lunatic doing a Tim Cahill move. At last I finished, and acheived a great goal!

By Fonzelina

DSC08545  DSC08539  DSC08538

2 thoughts on “My Athletics Carnival

1. Gail Miller

Did all of that go on in your head just before the race? You wrote about it so well I felt like I was in your shoes. By the way congratulations on the fine efforts.
    Ms Dyer

2. Hey AllStars,
    WOW! The Athletics Carnival was very exhausting and fun. I won 8 ribbons ( 7 blues and 1 green ) in the Athletics Carnival which made me extremely proud of myself 🙂 Good luck BSPS at Zone Athletics Carnival this Thursday 🙂