“The Tale of Despereaux” Business Cards

Standard

We finished reading the story “The Tale of Despereaux” (warning: the movie is NOTHING much like the book!)recently, and we were asked to think carefully about one of the main characters and about a job they could dom in real life.

We discussed all of our ideas and tried to make sure that the jobs we chose were related to the character and what had happened in the story. We used the information from the text and our background knowledge of jobs and working – which means that we were INFERRING.

Then we had to design a business card for this character. Business cards are used by people to share the telephone number, website, address and important information about the job. Once again we had to make sure what we designed was related to the story.

Here are some of the fantastic ideas we come up with:

The Cook = restaurant, soup kitchen

Despereaux Tilling = therapist

Miggery Sow = cleaner

Rosscuro = assasin

Here are our finished examples:

3 thoughts on ““The Tale of Despereaux” Business Cards

1. Dear Allstars 😆
    What wonderful pictures or should I say the drawing you guys drew. The poster/bussiness cards look so extrodanry and very colourful. I also likes the fact that the posters are all so different ( in a good way ) what I mean by different is like they all looks so different some have pictures of food , some have drawing and which made it looks so great cause they look different ( REMEMBER IN A GOOD WAY ) but I can’t say anything than that good job they look so good.

Kind regards
    Sarah :mrgreen:

2. Dear Allstars and Toa
    I would like to know how did you guys plan the cards as Toa said in his comment that there was so much stuff to put in there makes ne feel really jealous cause I am not part if your class and which makes me want to come watch you do the planning .

Kind regards
    Sarah 🙂