Happy New Year Again!

Standard

Β Kung Hei Fat Choy

chines-ny-rat.jpg

Many lucky AllStars had the opportunity to celebrate another New Year last week. It was the Lunar (or Chinese) New Year and lots of special celebrations took place to welcome in the Year of the Rat. Parades with Dragons and fireworks, yummy food and even red envelopes with money inside!

In our class, some people dressed up, some received money from relatives, some visited temples,Β  and others had parties. Even Sandy dressed up in a Chinese outfit and joined in the fun πŸ™‚

Β Here are some photos of us enjoying the celebrations!

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.bubbleshare.com/myalbum/316813.0cc17eda3e1/" width="380" height="189" wmode="transparent" /]

9 thoughts on “Happy New Year Again!

1. Hi,
    I really enjoyed school on chinese new year because 2 AllStars ( who are now part of the allstars for 2008)
    dressed up in their cultral clothes. They even got a costume for Sandy to wear and she looked super cute in it. Mrs.P showed us that she got a red envelope from the principal Mrs Dyer which had chocloate money in it.
    Well I have to go now but i’ll talk to everyone later.
    Bye πŸ˜€ πŸ˜›

2. Hello Allstars,
    We are a 4/5 class in Brisbane. We have just started blogging this year but we love it and are looking for ‘blogging friends’ around the world but especially at other places in Australia. We’d love you to visit our blog and we will continue to visit yours.
    Our blog is http://www.45j08.blogspot.com

3. Nancy

Chinese new year was fun! I don’t know why they call it chinese new year tho, the vietnamese celebrate it too!
    I’m so jealous >< we didn’t do this last year!
    Cya^^~

4. Clement

Hi guys,

Sorry for not visiting, it’s just that every time i take the bus home and i reach my home….it’s 3:30-4:00pm.

How’s the class, I’ve heard from the people i have on msn that the students from our old class has been transferred to a new class. I also heard that there are new classes and new teachers as well.

Talk to you soon, Clement

Hello Clement, its great to hear from you πŸ™‚
    The AllStars have quite a few new faces mainly Year 4s and a couple of extra 5s & 6s as well.
    Hope HS is treating you well – keep in contact
    MrsP

5. Gloria

Hello πŸ˜†

This chinese new year is the rat.BUT its also called the golden rat. I have no idea why.
    It’s great that you have so many posts up!!!
    It’s good to see that you guys have already started working hard at keeping the blog going πŸ˜€

6. Hello Allstars aka US!

Chinese New Year is a very special event for Asian countries to celebrate. This year is the year of the RAT! Usually on Chinese New Year, people give out red envolopes. The red envelopes contain lucky money. It is a legend, that if you clean up your house on Chinese New Year, it is bad luck. Did you know lots of people skip school for this event? =P

Ben and Timothy (Allstars)!

7. AZN PEOPLE RULEZ…. TOO BAD IM ONLY 1/8 OF AN AZN.. LMFAO…….. ANIWAYZ I FOUNDED OUT THAT Chinese New Year starts with the New Moon on the first day of the new year and ends on the full moon 15 days later. The 15th day of the new year is called the Lantern Festival, which is celebrated at night with lantern displays and children carrying lanterns in a parade.