Writers Stories – Alison Lester

Standard

A little while ago we were part of the Sydney Writer’s Festival and took part in a writer’s workshop and masterclass with Alison Lester. Alison wrote the book “Are We There Yet?” which we read when we were looking at Australian history.

Please click on this link (the photo of the book) which will take you to the site so you can watch the Masterclass (and see some AllStars in the audience 🙂  )

australia.gif

Thanks for your photo Carronshore 😉 

6 thoughts on “Writers Stories – Alison Lester

1. Gosh – it must have been so exciting to have meet a famous author.

As you know, our new P7’s have been reading the book .. it’s great! Receiving it (and your lovely card) has been the biggest ‘blogging highlight’ so far!)

Thanks for all your comments to our individual bogs – they’re really appreciated 🙂

Hello Mrs V and P7!
    If you watch the video it tells how Alison Lester wrote “Are we there yet”. She speaks really fast because it was rushed that afternoon, but it is quite interesting!
    We love making comments on your blogs and we are glad you like the book 😉

2. Zara

Hey Allstars,
    Wow you do get up to a lot. We read that book in art because we were doing a project on it. Thanks to everyone who has left a comment on my blog 🙂 Everyones blogs are looking GREAT!!! Well I hope you enjoyed the book I thought it was really long but good! :mrgreen:
    Zara
    BPS

3. Gosh, that was great! I followed the link briefly before, but didn’t have much time to visit all the sections.

In the Masterclass, it was just great to listen to Alison talking about her book ….. and amazing to hear that a lot of it is her own story (P7V will enjoy watching this, I’m sure!)

I just loved the ‘Literacy Techniques’ section of the ‘Interview’ – full of very sensible advice 🙂

It is very interesting to hear how an author comes up with her ideas. Sometimes we think that what we do is not very exciting – but it is exactly what authors draw on when writing their stories 🙂