Voices of the World

Standard

We are part of a project called “Voices of the World”.

A world wide project to unite children together using their voices. 

Voices of the World Wiki

click on the words above to see all of the Vokis from around the world!

Our first task was to make a Voki and record ourselves saying a message. This is what we came up with:

[kml_flashembed movie=”http://vhss-a.oddcast.com/voki/voki_player.swf?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fvhss-d.oddcast.com%2Fphp%2Fvoki%2Fgetvoki%2Fchsm%3Dd13273e2f6304da70e7d7ab4c413e2a3%26sc%3D40651″” width=”200″ height=”267″ wmode=”transparent” /]

Get a Voki now!

17 thoughts on “Voices of the World

1. Hi Mrs P,

I was just wondering, how do you put a Voki on your blog? I tried using the whole wordpress code they gave me but that didn’t work. So can you please tell me how to do it.
    Anyway,
    Bye

Hello Natalie, its a bit tricky, because you don’t use the whole code (I don’t know why?)
    Why don’t I put how to do it (Thanks Mr Pearce from Bellaire 🙂 ) on a page at the top of the blog, and you can see how you get on. OK?

Natalie, I tried to put the “How TO” on a page, but when it was published, parts of the code you need to use disappeared.
    If you go to Mr Pearce’s site, you will find a tutorial to show you how to embed a Voki.
    You will find the site here.Try this, MrsP

2. Hi MrsP! 😎 🙄
    The Voki looks great! The voice isn’t working for me at home! I wonder why?
    But it looks cute!
    I didn’t get what voices of the world is! I still don’t get it! 😆 😛 😉

Hey Nadine,
    The voice takes a while to come on. You might need to click on the arrow first – to get the koala to look at you – then again to start the voice. Wait a bit for the voice to begin.

“Voices of the World” has just been released and I will be adding the link to the wiki where you can see and hear all of the children and schools from around the world and their Vokis.
    MrsP

3. Hello everyone. thank you for creating a wonderful voki for the Voices Of The World project. I enjoyed listening to your wonderful voices saying the set text. i hope you are looking forward to the next task? Mrs Tonner

Thanks Mrs Tonner – we had fun and MrsP finally learnt how to use audacity and our microphone 😆

4. CDOG,LL, Dalek Sec,
    Thanks for taking the time to comment on our blog – we are very happy that you find it interesting 🙂

We made thislittle talking koala using a web application called VOKI. If you click on the words “Get a Voki now” under the picture, it will take you to the site. MrO will have to sign up and then you can make a Voki.

Its a bit tricky to put in your blog, but their are instructions in Natalies comment right at the top 🙂
    Keep visiting and keep commenting – we love hearing from you

5. Hello Liam – glad that you are back from your break. If you want to make a voki, click on the words “Get a Voki now” under the picture. This will take you to the Voki site. Mr Carson will have to sign up and then you can make a Voki too 🙂

Hi Lee – thanks for visiting us 🙂 We think this little koala is pretty cute too. What got your attention the most? the picture or the words?

6. how di you get his head to follow the mouse
    byLL

LL, this clever little koala just follows the mouse – I’m not sure how, it’s just part of the program used to make him I think 🙂
    MrsP