Learning is extending your thinking!

Standard

We concluded our new visible thinking routine “Connect, Extend, Challenge”  yesterday by working through the “extend” and “challenge” sections.

“Extending” our thinking was really tricky – especially trying to say what we were thinking! In “extend” we had to say how our thinking had been extended through the unit – here are some ways that people’s thinking was extended:

My thinking about endangered animals was extended from just knowing about which animals are endangered and why, to how we can help endangered animals. How people can play a part in saving endangered animals. Odelia.

My thinking about pollution was extended – now I think that pollution is not just rubbish  but that  pollution has a huge effect on other creatures and habitats. Laura

My thinking was extended because I now realise that humans need to take responsibility for their actions towards animals and habitats. The environment is everybodys’ responsibility – we all have to do our part. Thien

2 thoughts on “Learning is extending your thinking!

1. Hello Mr Quinlan,
    Thank you for your comment. We hope you will try this with your class.
    We are enjoying watching your blog take shape with your new class – its a very exciting time of the year when you are just starting out!
    Keep blogging and good luck 🙂