Multicultural Day!

Standard

To celebrate the wonderful variety of cultures represented at our school – we will be having a celebration on Thursday. It’s called “Multicultural Day” and will be a lot of fun.

Everyone will dress in their national costume, or in colours represented on their national flag; and we will bring plates of food from our cultures to share with the school.

Some students are preparing dances and songs from their culture and everyone will parade around the school – showing off their costumes and waving flags.

The AllStars are making flags for the parade – we are all making an Australian flag and most of us are making another flag to show the many cultures that we are from.

I wonder how many cultures will be represented on Thurday??

Here is a fun flag game. Play it and see how many flags and countries you know! TakingITGlobal Flag Game.

3 thoughts on “Multicultural Day!

1. Hi Again,
    Multicultural day was awesome! 😀 I had heaps of fun making the flags but unfortunately we didn’t get to use them but hopefully we will display them in our class because it looks spectacular 🙂 The food was extremely YUMMY! I don’t really know what would happen to all the left over food lol 🙂

2. Hello!My name is Laina and I am a Huzzahnian. I think it’s great to have a day where kids can showcase their culture, I would like to do that too someday. I’m sure there was many interesting cultures and Traditions to explore. How was it? It sounded like a nice time.

3. Hello Laina 🙂
    Multicultural day was FAB! Everyone had a great time – sharing their culture through food and dance and music. We tried lots of great things to eat and enjoyed watching and listening to students dancing.
    Allstars