1000 Clicks!

Standard

Last week in Maths we investigated “Length” by using the trundle wheels.

Our trundle wheels “click” every time you have travelled one metre. We wanted to find out how many lengths of the playground would equal one kilometre.

We worked in groups of two or three – one person pushing the trundle wheel and the others counting and recording clicks and laps. It took us quite a long time to walk the kilometre and sometimes it was difficult to keep counting and recordingΒ  πŸ™„

Eventually everyone completed the distance and we tallied our results. Unfortunately the results differed quite a bit – with the number of laps required to reach one kilometre being between 25 – 35!

This task helped us

• realise how far a kilometre is
  • work co-operatively
  • find out that experiments need to be done carefully
  • practice our tallying, counting and problem-solving

Here are some photos of us working πŸ™‚

PS Can you work out why this post is titled “1000 clicks”?

❓

5 thoughts on “1000 Clicks!

1. Dear Allstars
    That sounded great to hear that you guys are learning about length , our class have been learning about length as well, we didn’t do what you did but we might have learned what you Guys have learned in class. :mrgreen: πŸ˜† . I wonder why the post was called 100 clicks ? HMM I WONDER WHY ,OH I KNOW ,maybe because the trunddle wheel does so many clicks maybe thats why it’s called 100 clicks ?. πŸ˜† :mrgreen: πŸ™„

Kind Regards
    Sarah

2. Hi Allstars,

Counting with the trundle wheel was fun and tiring if i had to do it again i would not be holding the board. πŸ™‚

Hi sarah,

The post is called 1000 clicks is because we had to make the trundle wheel click 1000 times it was tricky, Some teams just got up to 500 then timezed it (x)(it was easier that way).

Bye for now

3. For me,I thought that it was not that tiring.All we had to do was walk with the trundle wheel while the other person count. :mrgreen: