Read Any Good Books Lately??

Standard

775089650_a604d8de8b_m

Well the AllStars have! And they would love to share with you some of their favourites ……..

HARRY POTTER SERIES

By Marwan

The books I love the most are the Harry Potter books, the author is JK Rowling.

Harry Potter is about a boy who lives with his cousin, his aunt and his uncle. He then finds out that he is a famous wizard who has to stop the Dark Lord.

The age that would like these books would be about eleven years and over. The reasons I liked the books are because they have action, comdey and thrills.

I’d give them 3 out of 3 stars and say “They will be the best books you’ve ever read!”

Visit this Harry Potter fan site 😀

TREASURE FEVER

By Ebaa

The best book I have read this term is called “Treasure Fever” by Andy Griffiths. I think people from Year 3 to Year 8 would like this book.

In this story there are 5 friends, and when one of them gets into trouble, he finds out that when the Principal was little he attended the same school and he used to play pirates and has hidden a treasure in the school.

This boy Henry tells his friends and so they start treasure hunting. They find a key and when the whole school finds out they all go treasure mad!

I enjoyed this book because it’s funny and interesting. I would give this book 3 stars.

Here is the Treasure Fever website 🙂

SKULDUGGERY PLEASANT DARK DAYS

By Thien

Skulduggery is trapped in a portal and Valkyrie Cain is trying to get him back, as well as his original skull. An evil gang has got their eye on the most deadly weapon ever created, how will Valkyrie and Skulduggery stop them?

Reasons you should read this book:

1. It has a big twist – and that changes everything!

2. It gives you action and great VCOP.

3. Tension to the readr.

Good for age 12 and over. Rating 3 stars.

Author is Derek Landy.

Here’s the website ……..

SISTER OF THE SOUTH

By Irina

This book by Emily Rodda would probably be for ages 9 – 13 because it might have some words that are hard to understand.

The book “Sister of the South” is the final book in the Deltora Quest 3 series. Three companions are on a quest to destroy the four evil sisters who poison the whole of Deltora with their song. The companions (Leif, Barda and Jasmine) have defeated three of the sisters and freed six of the seven ancient dragons from their slumber. Will they defeat the final sister? And if they do, will their miseries be over?

I enjoyed the book because

1. there was a twist at every turn

2. I couldn’t allow myself to put it down until I knew what happened nxt

3. it was chock full of fantastic fantasy to get the imagination happeneing.

I give it 3 stars! A great read 🙂

Deltora Quest 3 website!

Have you read any of these books? We would love to hear from you – let us know what you think of these stories.

Image: ‘I Love to Read‘ 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90819592@N00/775089650

5 thoughts on “Read Any Good Books Lately??

1. Celia

Hello, Allstars
    i’ve only read the Harry Potter books. They were very captivating.
    I’ll also recomend other great books for you to read- Chinese Cinderella and the Percy Jackson series. Chinese Cinderella is very interesting, it is about a story of a ‘abandoned’ child. No one takes notice of her, especially her step mother. Percy Jackson is based on the Greek myths, the story line is ineresting but how he writes it is not that good in my opinion.
    I think you should give these books a go and read them.
    Celia 😛

2. Hello Celia!
    There a quite a few of us AllStars who have read Percy Jackson as well. Do you think Percy is a bit like Harry Potter?We are all reading “HP and the Philosophers Stone” in class this term. Everyone has seen the movie but only a few people have read the book – and we all know that the books are better than the movies!

3. Hi I’m Mrs Nay from Sandy Beach Public School. I would love to share this blog with my students. It might encourage some of them to read your favourite books. Keep up the great reading and blogging.
    We do not have SKULDUGGERY PLEASANT DARK DAYS so if you interest them I had better get organised and buy it for the library.
    You might like to have a look at our library blog which has been created to provide a place for them to try and convince others to read their favourite books. https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/blog/211742-readthisyoujustmust/

4. Hello Mrs Nay, we are glad that you liked this post about some AllStars’ favourite books.
    We tried to visit your blog but couldn’t get through – we will try again on Monday 🙂
    We are honoured that you want to share some of our work with your students, Thank-you! and Hello to everyone at Sandy Beach PS 🙂