Final Choir Rehearsal

Standard

Cantante - sing

Please enjoy reading Irina’s recount of the choir rehearsal day. You can really understand how she  is feeling on the day – Irina uses some great WOW words!

Last Wednesday, the Belmore South Primary Choir anxiously stepped onto the familiar double decker bus ready to set off to the final rehaearsal at Granville South High School. We all knew in our hearts that the big day would soon arrive. Most people were thrilled, but I was scared for I have never been inside the Opera House.

We arrived at Granville and I was impatient for the rehearsal to begin whilst fidgetting in my chair. Finally the conductor stepped out onto the stage and announced that we would be rehearsing with the musicians – the drummer and the guitarist. Half my mind was paying attention, but the other half was concentrating on revising all my lyrics.

Most of the songs flew by easily, and one – by – one we went through them. The knot in my stomach eased and soon my only worry was for the BIG DAY ahead!

Irina – I think you need to relax and ENJOY the experience a bit!   😆

Image: ‘Cantante
www.flickr.com/photos/17513020@N00/164361902

2 thoughts on “Final Choir Rehearsal

1. Irina, you described your feelings about the day really well! I hope you have been having fun with all our singing too. I don’t know about you, but I’m super excited about the big day on Thursday, it should be so much fun!

What did you think of the songs with the proper musicians performing? Did it make singing ‘Beds Are Burning’ a little less painful?

2. Hi Mrs Klose,

Yes I do think that the song “Beds Are Burning” sounded much better with the musicians. The proper musicians make singing slightly easier than the piano alone.

Bye! 😛